Here are just a few of the Benefits of our Martial Arts Kids Classes:
- Self-Defense – The instructors at K2 have trained for many years to make sure everything we teach is reality based. We’ve trained under some of the best martial artists in the world and are dedicated to staying on the cutting-edge of REALISTIC martial arts training – for ourselves and for your children! With that said… Your child may still be in the developmental stage of their life and will focus only on the basics of our Martial Arts Curriculum. Basic Techniques include: Proper exercise form, punching, kicking, blocking and evasion techniques.
- Focusing and Listening – At K2, we know Focus plays a key role in the mindset of children who have limited attention spans at this stage in their life. Our martial arts kids classes will build their attention span… teaching your child to focus on the task at hand while improving their listening and reaction skills at the same time. As a result, your child will excel in physical activity, improve their ability to stay focused, and become an astute listener in the dojo, at home, and in school.
- Teamwork and Positive Social Interaction – Teamwork is necessary for any young child to develop. It is at this stage in their life that they develop an understanding and a confidence in their ability to work with others. Our activity based curriculum and teamwork oriented environment, develops character and teaches your child that the more we work together in the dojo, at home and at school…the more we get accomplished.
- Self-Control and Good Decision Making – Self-control refers to the training that one gives one’s self to accomplish a certain task or to adopt a particular pattern of behavior, even though one is unfocused or would rather be doing something else. For example, when your child has learned to listen to mom and dad, pay attention in class while listening to the teacher instead of talking to his friend next to him, he has demonstrated the ability to self-control… while making the good decision to do so.
- Balance and Posture – For many 3-6 year olds, one of the skillsets that is often overlooked, but needs constant work and attention is balance and posture… basic skills necessary for almost any activity. Poor posture leads to cramped organs, improper breathing, and a whole host of other unhealthy bodily expressions. At K2 our martial arts kids classes will help to build strong balance, healthy postures and balanced movement through the use of age appropriate forms and drills – often presented as a engaging game, to help developing students improve these fundamental skills.